Sunday 20 April 2014

Review: Rio Holographic Nail Foils

Rio Holographic Nail Foils
This week review is on Rio Holographic Nail Foils. This was given in the goodies bag during the Honeyz Cube Beauty Tea Party

Overall, this nail foil is very fun and easy to use. Given that I am not one who always do nail polish or make up my nails, this nail foil is easy to use even to beginners. One thing I notice is the foil does not last very long especially the nail edges. But it stays long enough for your nails to glam parties and occasions. :)

Rio Holographic Nail Foils Summary
This Rio holographic nail foil is made in UK. 

What is written on the box:
It customise your nails and create spectacular nail designs which will really get you noticed. The effect are stunning, results are amzing and designs are uniquely yours.

Each box contain:
  • 10 nail foils
  • 1 nail adhesive
  • 1 2-in1 varnish
  • 1 hoof stick
  • 1 fine detail brush
  • 1 glitter
  • 1 rhinestones
  • 1 design chart
  • 1 instructional booklet
  • 1 instructional DVD
What is in the box.
You may go to Rio Nail Website or Aibi Style Website for more information. 

How to use Rio holographic nail foil?
Instruction booklet and DVD is given to teach you how to use. 

Steps:
  1. Ensure nails are clean and dry. Wipe over with nail polish remover.
  2. Apply 2-in-1 varnish or a nail polish base colour.
  3. Apply a thin coat of foil adhesive. You can cover either the entire nail or a section, depending on your chosen design.
  4. Place foil pattern facing up over nail. Using hoof stick, rub to transfer foil onto nail.
  5. Lift away backing film.
  6. Apply 2 coats of 2-in-1 varnish, remembering to cap the free edge.

Click to see instructions.
Questions and Tips.
Ingredients:
Foil Adhesive: Aqua, Acrylates Copolymer, Mica., Silica., CI 77891.
2-in-1 Varnish: Alcohol Denat., Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, CI 60725

My Review
This was given in the goodies bag during the Honeyz Cube Beauty Tea Party

The nail foil comes in a nice black color box and nicely wrap. 

Comes in a nice black box.
Nicely wrap.
After unwrapping, the box contain a list of items for use to design my nail. 
Unwrapped.



While, I seldom do nails, so apart from curious and excited, I am also a bit afraid of how my skill will mass up the product. :)

But after trying out, I do feel that this product is very easy to use. Just follow the instructions given and you will never go wrong. ;)

The 2-in-1 vanish have a very strong thinner smell. It has a liquid texture. After apply it leave a glossy shine and it dry easily. 

2-in1 vanish.
Glossy after apply.
The nail adhesive is white in color and do not have much smell. It just feel like normal nail polish but its actually a glue with nail polish texture. When apply, its white in color but after around 5 to 10 mins, it turn transparent. One very important thing to note is do not apply a thick layer of nail adhesive (glue). Just a thin layer will do, otherwise the foil do not stick onto your nails.
Nail adhesive.
White when apply but transparent after dry.
There are 10 foil designs to choose and I chosen the foil with Star pattern. 

Chosen foil design to use.
The foil is easily transform onto my finger using the hoof stick. The process is fun to play with. :D
Using hoof stick to stick the foil onto my finger.
After finish rubbing the foil on fingers.
Removing the foil after rubbing.
One finger Done.
And very little foil is needed for finishing 5 fingers. 
5 finger nails only used up so little of foil.
It was written that patterns can be done. So I decided to do partial foil my my other hand. I painted by nails with my other nail polish. Then after the nail polish is dry, the nail adhesive (glue) is only apply on the finger nail top portion.
I first apply my own normal nail polish. 

Partial nail foil done only at the finger nail top.
Having done both full finger nails and partial finger nails, I must say the partial finger nails are more difficult to do. Because the portion to apply glue is small and you need a steady hands. 

Also I notice that the foil blink blink is affected after I put on the top layer of 2-in-1 vanish. It does look less blink blink and less clear to me.

Another thing I notice is it does not last me very long. After just half a day, the foil on the nail edges fall off. :(
Nail Foil dropped at edges after 1 day.
Partial Nail foil design almost all dropped off after 1 day.
One thing I like about this foil is it can be removed very easily without leaving any sticky feeling just by using any normal nail remover. :)

Removed using nail polish easily.
One very important thing is, I do need lots of time to do my nails using this foil. Applying the first layer of 2-in-1 requires me to wait 30mins. Applying the glue needs 8-10 mins. Then apply the 2 top layers need around another 10mins. And if I am applying my normal nail polish before applying the foil, requires another 10mins. Doing 1 hand (5 finger nails), I need at least 1 hr. /omg
Before.
Partial nail foil with normal nail polish.
Full nail foil.
Overall, this nail foil is very fun and easy to use. Given that I am not one who always do nail polish or make up my nails, this nail foil is easy to use even for beginners. One thing I notice is the foil does not last very long especially the nail edges. But it stays long enough for your nails to glam parties and occasions. 

And one point that always fit into nail art, "Practice make perfect!" :)

Where to buy it?
Rio Holographic Nail Foils can be bought at Aibi Style store and e-store at S$75 per box.  

Where to get sample?
There is no sample redemption for this product. :( 

Disclaimer: Product(s) was/were provided for personal review purposes only. All reviews are 100% honest and based on my personal experience. No monetary compensation of any kind was given or received for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment