Sunday 16 February 2014

Review: Meiji Amino Collagen Profec

Meiji Amino Collagen Profec (200g)
This week review is on Meiji Amino Collagen Profec. This was received from Meiji Amino Collagen Seminar October last year. :)

Amino Collagen Profec is stated to be good for intestine as well as for younger looking skin. Having finished one full tin of Meiji Amino Collagen Profec, I did not really see much effect the collagen have on me. I always have regular bowel movement, so this collagen really does not have much effect to my bowel movement. Also I can't see any improvement to my skin too. Its not cheap either, therefore I will need to reconsider if I will continue to consume it. 

Meiji Amino Collagen Profec Summary
According to Meiji Website:

Amino Collagen Profec combines the leading collagen and the beautifying effects of Profec (as a prebiotic). 

7 good health reasons for consuming Amino Collagen Profec:
  1. Helps relieve constipation
  2. Helps bowel movements easier
  3. Helps to increase the frequency of stools
  4. Good for intestines
  5. Helps relieve heaviness in the stomach
  6. Helps relieve bloating 
  7. Helps relieve diarrhea
5 good beauty reasons:
  1. Take just 5,000mg as a source of beauty
  2. Absorption rate is about 1.5 times higher
  3. Carefully selected, high purity collagen
  4. Evolving into nearly odor-free collagen
  5. Super blending of collagen with carefully selected ingredients
Information.
Profec information on the package.
You may go to Meiji Website for more information.

How to consume Amino Collagen Profec?
Dissolve Amino Collagen in your favorite drink for a tasty treat. 
  1. Place a single spoonful (7g spoon provided) into a cup. 
  2. Add your preferred choice of beverage. 
  3. Stir thoroughly and enjoy. 
On the package.
Ingredients and nutritional facts.
Served hot or cold. Amino Collagen can be mixed into any food or beverage you like. 

My Review
This was received from Meiji Amino Collagen Seminar October last year. :)

It came in a nice tin with a spoon and nice cover for easy opening and storing. Giving the spoon is a good choice as I just have to use the spoon and every consumption I can ensure its equal amount. :)

Tin of Amino Collagen Profec.
Easy to open tin.
Nice cover to open and store the collagen.
The collagen is in powder form. The powder itself is odorless. However after dissolving it in the beverage, it have a fishy smell. 

I will dissolve one spoonful of collagen into my beverage. But I notice that it is very difficult to completely dissolve the collagen in the beverage, especially cold beverage. I stir constantly for almost 1mins for it to dissolve in the beverage. And sometimes after a long long time of stirring, I can still see little powder in the beverage. :(

One spoonful of collagen powder.
I wanted to know if the collagen is tasteless. Therefore to begin with, I just mix the collagen in plain water. It turns out that the water turns cloudy in color and it not only have a fishy smell, it taste horrible too. Therefore conclusion is that I must mix it in other drinks. Otherwise its very difficult to drink. :(
The cup of plain water on the left (cloudy in color) is mixed with collagen.
The cup o
f plain water on the right is not mixed with collagen.

Also after dissolving in my beverage like ribena, carrot juice, lemon tea, milo and etc, I felt that it does affect the taste of my drink. :(
Mixed in Ribena.
Mixed in Lemon Tea.
Mixed in carrot juice.
I drink it before going to bed. After one week, I still cannot see any effect on me. I thought maybe I should at least finish one tin. But after finishing the whole tin, I still did not see any effect on me. :(

Amino Collagen Profec is stated to be good for intestine as well as for younger looking skin. Having finished one full tin of Meiji Amino Collagen Profec, I did not really see much effect the collagen have on me. 

I always have regular bowel movement, so this collagen really does not have much effect to my bowel movement. Also I can't see any improvement to my skin too. Its not cheap either, therefore I will need to reconsider if I will continue to consume it.

Where to buy it?
Meiji Amino Collagen can be found at selected Watsons, Guardian, OG, Robinson, Nishino Pharmacy, John Little and Metro. Alternatively, you may visit Meiji online shop www.meiji.com.sg/shop. The Meiji Amino Collagen Profec is selling at S$75 for 200g at Watsons.

Where to get samples?
There is currently no sample redemption for this product. However, you may like Meiji Amino Collagen SG Facebook Page for future redemptions and promotions. 

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered. 

1 comment:

  1. Bovine collagen is a naturally occurring protein that is found in the skin, bones, and muscles of cows. This collagen is so similar to human collagen that many people in the beauty industry have embraced its use as a cost-effective way to treat wrinkles and fine lines. Acting as a replacement to human collagen, it can be used to fill fine lines and correct scars. collagen

    ReplyDelete