Sunday 17 November 2013

Review: Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil

Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil (4ml)
This week review is on Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil. Don't quite remember how I got this sample. But should be from Shu Uemura Singapore Facebook. 

Overall, this cleansing oil is really able to remove all makeup cleanly, even waterproof makeup. However, I feel that its not suitable for my combination skin, especially my oily, acne T-zone area. After using, it will cause blemish and pimples.

Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil Summary
Its a lightweight cleansing oil. Skin is refined, smoothened and pores are visibly smaller. 

From Shu Uemura website
It wash away pore concerns-enlarged pores and clogged pores that lead to blackheads with our innovative natural origin system for superb cleansing. effectively remove make-up and impurities inside pores while maintaining the skin’s necessary moisture level.

Benefits:
  • Sakura leaf extract known to reduce inflammatory mediators that can cause skin redness. it also helps to improve skin texture.
  • Lipo ha salicylic acid derivatives helps gentle exfoliation for refined skin. 
  • Cherry extract contains natural aha to remove dead skin cells, bringing smoothness to the skin and a refined complexion. 
Ideal for normal to oily skin types and acne-prone skin.

Q&A
Other Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil.
You may go to Shu Uemura website for more information. 

How to use Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil?
4 Steps:
  1. Use 3-4 pumps of cleansing oil on dry hands.
  2. Spread gently and thoroughly over dry face.
  3. Add a few drops of lukewarm water to face to emulsify. (oil will turn milky white)
  4. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Ingredients:
ethylhexyl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, capryl/capric triglyceride, polyglyceryl-10 trilaurate, polyglyceryl-6 tricaprylate, octyldodecanol, dicaprylyl carbonate, undecane, tridecane, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, sqalane, maris aqua, simmondsia chinensis oil, carthamus tinctorius oil, capryloyl salicylic acid, propylene glycol, prunus cerasus extract, prunus yedoensis leaf extract, parfum

Steps to use.
Ingredients written on the pack.
My Review
Don't quite remember how I got this sample. But should be from Shu Uemura Singapore Facebook.

The cleansing oil is colorless. Its transparent and has no fragrance smell.
Cleansing oil is transparent.
To check if it really can clean off makeup, even waterproof makeup cleanly, lets do a small experiment. 

I have apply different makeup on my hand. (From left to right: Jill Lowe eye brown pencil, Jill Lowe eye liner, SilkyGirl big eye mascara, eye shadow, blusher, Estee Lauder double wear foundation, Jill Lowe foundation Powder, The Body Shop Lily Cole simmer, Jill Lowe lipstick)
Makeup apply onto my hand.
After spreading the cleansing oil and emulsify, I can already see all the makeup off my hand. But waterproof mascara need emulsify before it is off. 

After washing off, all makeup is cleanly removed and the area that I cleanse on my hand feel smooth. :D
Applying the cleansing oil on half of the makeup.
After cleaning half of the makeup. The cleanse off half is cleanly removed.
Cleaning off using cotton wool.
I do not usually like using cleansing oil as often it will cause blemish on my skin. But I went ahead to give this one a try after see how cleanly it can remove my makeup and it claim to be suitable for oily and acne-prone skin. :) However despite its claim, after using this cleansing oil for a week, my skin start to have blemish and pimples especially on my T-Zone area. :(
Blemish and pimples after using.
Overall, this cleansing oil is really able to remove all makeup cleanly, even waterproof makeup. However, I feel that its not suitable for my combination skin, especially my oily, acne T-zone area as after using, it will cause blemish and pimples.

Therefore, I will not recommend it for oily and acne prone skin. 
 
Where to buy it?
Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil can be bought at all Shu Uemura counters at department stores at S$50 for 150ml and S$115 for 450ml. 

Where to get sample?
Sample redemption for this is long over. :( But you may always go to Shu Uemura counter and asked the staff if they have samples for you to try before buying.

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment