Sunday 3 March 2013

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask (100ml)
Image courtesy
The Body Shop
This week review will be on The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask. This is sample taken during one of their promotion last year Oct 2012. From what I remember, I need to fill in a small form and then I get to take 3 samples of my choice, each put into The Body Shop small container. This Tea Tree Face Mask is one of my choice of 3 samples. After trying it, my face feels so clean and refreshing.  =D> 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask Summary
From The Body Shop website, this tea tree face mask is a cooling mask to help remove impurities and absorb excess oil whilst soothing and calming blemish prone skin. Skin feels deeply cleansed, calm and refreshed. 

You may read more about this product from The Body Shop website

How to use The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask
Use once or twice per week, after cleansing.
  1. Smooth a thin layer onto pat-dried skin, clean face and neck with your fingertips.
  2. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes (mask will not dry).
  3. Then rinse off with clean water and pat skin dry 
Ingredients: 
  • Organic tea tree oil from Kenya: an ingredient renowned for its anti-bacterial benefits, an infusion perfect to help blemished skin.
  • Tamanu Oil from Madagascar: traditionally used to promote healthy-looking skin and has fantastic skin moisturising properties.
  • Lemon Tea Tree from Kenya: Anti-bacterial to give the products a zesty fragrance.
My Review
This is sample taken during one of their promotion last year Oct 2012. From what I remember, I need to fill in a small form and then I get to take 3 samples of my choice, each put into The Body Shop small container. This Tea Tree Face Mask is one of my choice of 3 samples to try. I have not try this mask before, so no harm trying it to see how powerful The Body Shop tea tree range products works. :-/
Sample in The Body Shop small container

This tea tree face mask is green in color. Just the color for all their tea tree range products. The mask have a muddy texture with gel. Just like mud mix with gel. As usual, it gave off a tea tree smell. Hmm.....I don't like the smell but I don't hate the smell either. Just that it does not have nice fruity or flowery fragrance that The Body Shop other products have. /nobigdeal

The small container have just enough sample for one application on my face. After washing and pat-dried my skin, I spread the mask evenly onto my skin using my fingers. The mud is easy to apply on.

During the application, you will feel your skin icy cool and sometimes a bit of poky at selected places on the skin. I left the mask on my skin for 15 minutes. For me the icy cool feeling gradually dies down. 

I used a sponge to wash this mask off as mud texture mask is easier to wash off using a sponge. After washing, my skin feels so icy cool again. My skin just feel so refreshing and clean. And I notice that my red blemish is not so red any more. /please

One more thing I notice is my skin feel even more icy cool if I apply their tea tree toner. 
Before using tea tree face mask
When applied with tea tree face mask
After using tea tree face mask
Overall, I am happy with the tea tree face mask. My skin not only feel refreshing but also clean and oil free. It calms my blemish. Some how, it makes me feeling so happy after use. Should be due to the refreshing and clean. I will definitely use this tea tree face mask again. 

Where to buy?
The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask can be bought at all The Body Shop Stores in Singapore at S$30.90. 

Where to get sample?
This sample is taken during one of their promotion, which has ended. But you may still go to The Body Shop Singapore Facebook page and like their Facebook Page for future promotions. You may try your luck by going to The Body Shop Stores and ask the sales if you may take a little sample back to try (but I'm not sure if it works).

Disclaimer: Product(s) in this post was/were samples or bought for personal use only. Reviews are for the purpose of sharing my honest personal experience only. No sponsorship and/or monetary compensation are offered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment